Parks & Play Areas
Canvey Heights Country Park, Creek Road – SS8 8NB
The Gun Site Recreation Ground, West Crescent – SS8 9HU
King George V Playing Field, Blackthorne Road – SS8 7BJ
Kismet Park, Weel Road – SS8 7NN
Labworth Recreation Ground, Furtherwick Road – SS8 7DW
Canvey Lake, Denham Road – SS8 9HB
Leigh Beck Recreation Ground, Park Lane – SS8 7PX
The Paddocks Swimming Pool, Long Road – SS8 0JA
Skatepark, Waterside Farm, Somnes Avenue – SS8 9RA
Smallgains Recreation Ground, Creek Road – SS8 8NB
Tewkes Creek, Dovervelt Road (or soon to be Creeky Wood) – SS8 8EJ
Thorney Bay Park, Thorney Bay Road – SS8 0DB
Waterside Farm, Somnes Avenue – SS8 9RA
Canvey Island Town Council – Canvey Lake Play Area – re-opened 4th July 2020
The government’s public health guidelines is a considerable challenge not only to Canvey Island Town Council but also all operators of these facilities. The Town Council also needs to be aware of its duty of care both to public and its staff.
It is not feasible for Canvey Island Town Council to provide the following:
- Provision of Stewards
- Arrange a booking system
- Relocate equipment for social distancing
- Clean equipment daily
- Provide cleaning equipment
Canvey Island Town Council have carried out the following in relation to the re-opening of its Play Area at Canvey Lake:
- Completed Risk Assessments including a Covid 19 Risk Assessment.
- Prior to opening completed safety checks on all equipment and fencing.
- Prior to opening completed cleaning of all surfaces and equipment.
- Produced signage to include the following:
Play Area Rules
Please adhere to SOCIAL DISTANCING in accordance with existing government guidelines.
In order to keep your family safe, please follow these rules:
- Only 5 children at any one time.
- Only 1 family unit per play equipment.
- Please bring your own hand sanitiser.
- Please clean your hands upon entering and exiting the area.
- Encourage children to not touch their faces until hands have been cleaned.
- Parents should make themselves aware of the dangers of wearing face coverings in play areas.
- Please do not take food or drink into the play area.
- Please dispose of all litter and protective wear in the bins provided.
ALL SURFACES HAVE BEEN FULLY CLEANED BEFORE OPENING FOR PUBLIC USE.
THIS PLAY AREA WILL NOT BE CLEANED DAILY.
PARENTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR OWN CHILDREN’S SAFETY AND USE OF THE PLAY EQUIPMENT IS AT YOUR OWN RISK.
These rules are set to help minimise the transmission risk of COVID-19, however, the Council hold no responsibility for its prevention.